Long Distance Trails Crew
Location varies for each work trip.
Every other weekend, from March through December
About the Crew
Where We Work
Many of our projects are in Harriman State Park. You will find our work on Bear Mountain, West Mountain, Black Mountain, Long Mountain and at Greenwood Mine - among many other sites. As our name implies, we focus on the “long distance trails” - the Appalachian Trail, the Long Path, Shawangunk Ridge Trail and the Highlands Trail.
No experience is necessary and beginners are encouraged to join us! We provide on-site training during each. Our experienced crew leaders and members are eager to teach people of all abilities the skills needed to build and rehabilitate trail. Volunteers will learn the basics of trail planning and construction, work site safety, material selection and movement, proper use of hand tools and rigging.
LDTC in the News
- Long Distance Trails Crew Chief Chris Reyling Named ATC Mid-Atlantic Volunteer of the Year - March, 2016
- Eric Garnjost Art Exhibit - the oil and watercolor paintings of artist Erik Garnjost, crew leader for the Long Distance Trails Crew, are on view in a solo exhibition closing April 26, 2017.
- Restore Seely Brook Bridge on Goosepond Mountain - a project for the 2017 season.
- 2023 LDTC Promo Video
- 2023 LDTC Presentation Video
- LDTC 'Rack Card' - used by the LDTC crew leaders to provide hikers and prospective volunteers with information about the crew
- 2021 Nyack Beach State Park Walkthrough Video
- 2021 Nyack Beach State Park Walkthrough Video (2x Speed)
- 2022 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 4 projects, 64 crew outings, and 3,587 volunteer hours contributed
- 2021 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 4 projects, 78 crew outings, and 4,384 volunteer hours contributed
- 2020 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 3 projects, 64 crew outings and 4,057 volunteer hours contributed
- 2019 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 3 projects, 50 crew outings, and 4,617 volunteer hours contributed
- 2018 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 3 projects, 63 crew outings, and 6,077 volunteer hours contributed
- 2017 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 3 projects, 83 crew outings, and 7,915 volunteer hours contributed
- 2016 Annual Crew Report - summary of the 9 projects, 82 crew outings and 7,776 volunteer hours contributed
- 2015 Annual Crew Report - Summary of the 7 projects, 70 crew outings and 4,850 volunteer hours contributed